SHR # 1397 :: The Calorie Myth PLUS Trans-Evolutionary Fitness ::
Guest: Jonathan Bailor - Ken O'Neill
Bailor's new book The Calorie Myth continues the discussion that focuses on calories without understanding how foods effect hormones and biology that ultimately causes weight gain. The majority of people still fail to realize that its not a math equation. His book gives you easy-to-apply metrics to evaluate the foods you love to eat so you can see if they are offenders or allies in your quest to eat what you want while staying lean and disease free. PLUS It has been said that "the strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong". So we can surmise that being strong and smart is the epitome of the human condition. O'Neill's new weekly addition to the SHRN will explore where Strength, Intelligence and Noetic Sciences intersect. Priming untapped human potential is a strong contributor to the mission of building a World of Super Humans that both O'Neill and Lanore strive for.
SHR # 1396 :: Fitness Minimalism ::
Guest: Pat Flynn
It's said that 20% of your efforts beget 80% of your results. So why do the other 80% of work if it leads to the smallest amount of gain? Those are some of the questions that prompted Flynn to adopt a very successful way of training for strength, fitness and health - Minimalist Fitness. Have your pen and paper handy as he gives clear prescriptive advice on just how to train and spend less time on the things that get the least results, and streamline your way to greater progress and success.
SHR # 1395 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS It's Not Just About The Olive Oil: The Magic Of Olive Leaf Explored ::
Guest: Rob Regish - Richard Lentz
Regish answers listener questions: What Other Ecdysterone Products Are Worth Your Money - Stacking Colostrum With Synthagen And Tranquilogen - A Novel Approach To Increasing Grip Strength - What's The Best Muscle Builder Of All The OTC Pro-Steroids You've Ever Known - Rob Revives Some Forgotten Exercises - Forget The Men For A Moment... Which Supplements Are Good For Women - PLUS The BP Tip Of The Day: HMB Acid Free Review PLUS We all focus on the benefits of the fruit of the olive tree. But there's an entire tree we're forgetting about. Mythology talks about the magic if the olive leaf. Lentz tell us about the leaf of the olive tree which may have greater benefits than the fruit!
SHR # 1394 :: The Shangri-La Diet: The No Hunger Eat Anything Weight-Loss Plan ::
Guest: Seth Roberts Ph.D
This is possibly the most novel approach to influencing weight loss and more importantly the "set point" of a person's body-weight. Roberts discusses his popular book and the science behind it. No matter what eating plan you employ the addition of these techniques can offer you more success while making weight loss a bit easier. Get the book here - the shangri-la diet. PLUS At the end of today's show I talk about some of the criticism Coach Johnson and I have gotten from a couple female strength athletes who took issue with last week's Get Strong Show.
SHR # 1393 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
Co-host: The Lovely And Talented Alisa Profumo
Guest: Carmela Cierzo - L. Brent Jones
Good Friday Fast - Alisa's Granola Recipe A Big Hit - Shopping In A Regular Supermarket - Egypt, Pakistan Beat USA For Consumption Or Trans-Fats - SHR Listener Thyroid Update - NPC Kentucky Derby Show - 12 "Healthy Foods" With More Sugar Than Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - Don't Feed Your Cat Lilies - FDA And Capital Hill Wants To Get In On E-Cigarette Revenue - President Obama Comments On The Passing Of The Man Who Gave Us GE Mutant Wheat - Vermont Gives Monsanto The Middle Finger - FDA Dr. Margaret Hamburg Not Budging On GMO Labeling - Ladies Stop Wasting Money: Study Shows Better Skin Through Exercise - Glyphosate In Roundup Attributed To Dwindling Monarch Butterfly Numbers - Does Your 401K Have Stock In Monsanto - Study "Claims" Diet Soda At Root Of Heart Problems In Postmenopausal Women - Plus More And Listener Comments And Questions
SHR # 1392 :: The Get Strong Show: It's Not For Boys Anymore... Bumper Crop Of Strong Sexy Women Break Records PLUS Missing Microbes: How The Overuse Of Antibiotics Is Fueling Our Modern Plague::
Guest: Coach Wade Johnson - Dr. Martin Blaser
There is a movement afoot of women who are embracing strength as a true attribute of the female condition. These are not the female strength athletes of the early Soviet Union that conjure thoughts of women's heads atop men's bodies. These are mothers, wives, sisters and daughters. They look more like the women in our own circles with one difference. They're not inhibited by stereotypes. They love being strong while still being sexy. PLUS Dr. Blaser has identified one of the prime culprits in the modern disease model - disruption of the microbiome. He has laid it squarely at the doorstep of the medical orthodoxy and their penchant to hand out antibiotics at every opportunity. His new book is an important contribution to the discussion.
SHR # 1391 :: Rapid Reset Of Circadian Misalignment Using Light Exposure PLUS Triclosan Promotes Staphylocaccus Nasal Colonization PLUS Real World Colostrum Supplementation Results ::
Guest: Dr. Daniel Forger - Dr. Sudeshna Ghosh - Mark Burton
Traveling across time zones causes people to suffer from lack of energy and poor cognitive performance. These issues are attributed to Jet-lag, a phenomenon caused by a de-synchronized circadian rhythm. Dr. Forger and colleagues developed a free app that will help anyone traveling across time zones or international date lines synchronize their circadian rhythm by giving specific instruction for the best time and duration of light exposure. This app can also be of great value even if you're not traveling to help you correct any misaligned circadian rhythm. PLUS Dr. Ghosh published a study showing that exposure to Triclosan, a popular and ubiquitous antimicrobial found in too many products to list, increases the colonization of a form of Staphylococcus that can lead to a variety of other issues including sinusitis. PLUS Super Human's report their results and experiences using PerCoBa Colostrum. Burton answer their questions and comments on-air.
- SHR # 1390 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS Ketone Supplements Decrease Tumor Cell Viability And Prolongs Survival Of Mice With Metastatic Cancer ::
- SHR # 1389 :: Effects Of Raw Milk On Lactose Intolerance PLUS Glyphosate Found In U.S. Mothers' Breast Milk ::
- SHR # 1388 :: Casual Friday ::
- SHR # 1387 :: What Makes Olga Run PLUS The Confusion About Dairy ::
- SHR # 1386 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS Reversing Arthritis And Pain Naturally ::
- SHR # 1385 :: Melatonin Supplementation As An Anti-Aging Therapy For Age-Related Bone Loss PLUS Aging Induced Endoplasmic Reticulm Stress Alters Sleep And Sleep Homeostasis ::
- SHR # 1384 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1383 :: The Get Strong Show: Your First Competition PLUS Predictors Of Widespread Pain In Older Adults PLUS The Maker's Diet Revolution ::
- SHR # 1382 :: Hormonal Contraceptive And Multiple Sclerosis Susceptibility PLUS Effects Of HRT On Cerebral Function In Postmenopausal Women At Risk Of Dementia PLUS Genetic Disbiosis: The Role Of Microbial Insults In Chronic Inflammation ::
- SHR # 1381 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS Epigenetics, Methylation And Obesity PLUS Calories, Carbohydrates And Cancer Therapy ::
- SHR # 1380 :: BEST OF SPECIAL EDITION Dealing With Acne - Nutrition, Hygiene, Natural Remedies And More ::
- SHR # 1379 :: BEST OF The Mass Marketing Of Vaccines ::
- SHR # 1378 :: BEST OF When Carl Went Through Menopause ::
- SHR # 1377 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1376 :: Depression As A Disease Of Modernity: Explanations For Increasing Prevalence ::
- SHR # 1375 :: When Value Trumps Health In A Supersized World PLUS Satiety Mechanism In Genetic Risk Of Obesity PLUS Telomerase Activation: A Potential Key Modulator For Human Health And Longevity ::
- SHR # 1374 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS You Might Think It's Olive Oil But It's Not PLUS How Muscle Mass May Extend Life ::
- SHR # 1373 :: Establishment Of Intestinal Microbiota During Early Life And The Potential Effects On Obesity PLUS Listener Comments And Questions ::
- SHR # 1372 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1371 :: Unwanted Emotional And Interpersonal Effects Of Antidepressants PLUS We Pay Homage To Larry Scott ::
- SHR # 1370 :: Practical Programming For Strength Training PLUS Living Leaner With Leaner Living PLUS Exercise Plus Liposuction May Improve Cognition In The Obese ::
- SHR # 1369 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS The Secret Female Hormone ::
- SHR # 1368 :: Is A Breast Cancer Drug Being Sold As A Bodybuilding Dietary Supplement? PLUS Coach Wade Talks About His Competition This Weekend PLUS Slim Attractive Men Have Less Pathogenic Nasal Bacteria Than Heavy Men ::
- SHR # 1367 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1366 :: The Get Strong Show: Rehab And Unilateral Training PLUS Random Thoughts On Strength And Conditioning From A Division 1 Strength And Conditioning Coach ::