SHR # 1368 :: Is A Breast Cancer Drug Being Sold As A Bodybuilding Dietary Supplement? PLUS Coach Wade Talks About His Competition This Weekend PLUS Slim Attractive Men Have Less Pathogenic Nasal Bacteria Than Heavy Men ::
Guest: Dr. James McVeigh - Coach Wade Johnson - Dr. Boguslaw Pawlowski
Dr. McVeigh's group published a study in the British Medical Journal after looking at an over-the-counter supplement that had a real pharmaceutical drug in it. What was most shocking was the manufacturer didn't hide the presence on the drug. They actually put it right on the label. PLUS Coach Johnson competed in a Powerlifitng competition this weekend at a new weight class and as an older lifter. Listen in and see how he did. PLUS Dr. Pawlowski's group studies the different things that effect the evolutionary magic of attraction. They looked at the presence of nasal pathogens in both young men and women. What was most surprising was the results of the female subjects.
SHR # 1367 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
Co-host: The Lively And Talented Alisa Profumo
SHR Newsletter Fiasco - Monsanto's Roundup Gets Your Tax Dollars In Ohio - Lunchables For Adults - Kid Pays For 8 Year Old Pays For 300 Children's School Lunches - The Truth About The Childhood Obesity Statistics The CDC Is Not Admitting - Let's Rehash Azocarbonamide - Alisa Finds Another Reason To Defend Walnuts - The FDA Misses The Mark Again With Food Labeling - The Wizard of Oz Is At It Again - Processed Foods, Pharmaceutical Drugs, Prosthetic Knees.. Oh My - This Guy Gives New Meaning To Pizza Man -13 Annoying Gym Pet Peeves - Los Angles Bans E-Cigarettes - Tell Costco Not To Sell Genetically Engineered Salmon - Plus More And Listener Questions And Comments
SHR # 1366 :: The Get Strong Show: Rehab And Unilateral Training PLUS Random Thoughts On Strength And Conditioning From A Division 1 Strength And Conditioning Coach ::
Guest: Coach Wade Johnson - Coach Ed Rusher
Coach Johnson discusses his upcoming Powerlifting competition as he attempts to total Elite at 48 years old. He also gives his opinion on unilateral training and the use of rehab and prehab in your weekly training. PLUS Coach Rusher was the Strength and Conditioning Coach at University of Louisville. His love of Physical Culture began a long time ago when he was a college athlete himself. Today at 51 he displays an unusual amount of musculature and the energy and conditioning of a much younger athlete. What's his secret?
SHR # 1365 :: Oral Glycotoxins Are A Modifiable Cause Of Dementia And Metabolic Syndrome In Humans PLUS Cardiovascular And Ride Time-to-exhaustion Effects Of Energy Drinks ::
Guest: Dr. Helen Vlassara - Dr. Mike T. Nelson
Dr. Vlassara's work focuses on glycation end-products and how their accumulation is linked to the development of Alzheimer's Disease. She also offers ways to assess your AGE intake and what methods are available to reduce AGE load and potentially help the body eliminate both AGE's and the damaging effects. PLUS Everywhere you turn someone is chugging down an energy drink before or during their workout session. Dr. Nelson's group looked at the effects of energy drinks on cardiac function and energy output. The results will surprise you!
SHR # 1364 :: The BluePrint Power Hour ::
Guest: Rob Regish
Regish answers listener questions: Do I Have To Take Creatine - Ways To Boost Free Testosterone - Are Antioxidants Ok Pre Or Post Workout - Which Curcumin Blend Is Best - Is The Pullover Really Superior To The Bench Press - I Keep Getting DOMS What Can I Do - Plus More PLUS The BP Tip Of The Day: Anabolic Agents A Personal History.
SHR # 1363 :: Is Big Pharma And The Government Responsible For Tampering With Evolution PLUS Exercise: The Link Between Risk Of Stroke And HRT In Women ::
Guest: Dr. Sophia Wang - Alisa Profumo
I have received several messages about my discussion about Devolution on the last show. I wanted to expand upon this concept and invoke the role that Big Pharma and the Government plays in the process of Devolution PLUS Dr. Wang's group looked at over 130,000 women and accessed the statistical linkage between stroke risk, hormone replacement therapy and how exercise effects that risk. PLUS Alisa comes on as a result of a scheduled guest not being able to make it on the air and we talk about the Arnold Sports Festival. PLUS A New name is selected and announced to receive 2 tickets to the Paleo F(x) in April.
SHR # 1362 :: Variations In Gut Microbiome Based On Where You Live And It's Role In Obesity PLUS Carl Announces More Winners PLUS Carl's Opinion On Human Devolution PLUS Topical Pain Relief Revisited ::
Guest: Taichi Suzuki - Dr. Craig Banks
Suzuki has done a meta analysis to determine if there is a link between geographic location and microbe diversity in the gut. This is especially important because there may be a link to obesity as well. PLUS 3 more pair of Arnold tickets and a pair of Paleo F(x) tickets are given away on today show. PLUS Carl talks about what he sees as Human Devolution. PLUS Dr. Banks talks about the literature on how NSAID's may hamper your muscle-building goals.
- SHR # 1361 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS Paleo F(x) ::
- SHR # 1360 :: How Food Packaging Is Harmful To Human Health PLUS It's That Time Again: Arnold Sports Festival PLUS Discovery Of New Blood Cell Can Fight Multiple Sclerosis ::
- SHR # 1359 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1358 :: Biogerontology: From Homeodynamics To Hormesis PLUS Glycogen Depletion As Universal Health Promoting Mechanism ::
- SHR # 1357 :: The BluePrint Power Hour ::
- SHR # 1356 :: This Form Of Vitamin C Reverses Skin Aging Study Shows PLUS Hygiene And World Distribution Of Alzheimer's Disease::
- SHR # 1355 :: Resistance Training Promotes Increase in Intracellular Hydration in Men and Women ::
- SHR # 1354 :: The Linkage Between Pesticides And Parkinson's Disease PLUS How Sleep Duration Effects Depression ::
- SHR # 1353 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS High Dose Vitamin C Injections As Combo Therapy For Treating Ovarian Cancer ::
- SHR # 1352 :: Predicting Cardiovascular Events In Sleep Apnea Patients PLUS Adolescents' Salt Intake Correlates With Obesity And Inflammation PLUS Proof The FDA And Big Pharma Really Don't Care About Women's Safety ::
- SHR # 1351 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1350 :: The Get Strong Show: What's Wrong With Powerlifting PLUS Pandora's Lunchbox ::
- SHR # 1349 :: The Man Behind Predator Nutrition PLUS Consumer Lab Report: Vitamin C PLUS Could Microbes Be The Fountain Of Youth ::
- SHR # 1348 :: The BluePrint Power Hour PLUS Who Is To Blame For The Obesity Epidemic PLUS Planet Fitness.. The Discrimination Zone ::
- SHR # 1347 :: Fragmented Sleep Accelerates Tumor Growth PLUS How Antioxidants May Fuel Lung Cancer PLUS How Building Design Has Effected Bacterial Spread ::
- SHR # 1346 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1345 :: Calcium Absorption Is Not The Reason Europeans Evolved Digesting Milk PLUS Can Fish Oil Preserve Brain Cells ::
- SHR # 1344 :: Colostrum Works: So Why Aren't You Using It PLUS How This Little Known Vitamin Can Save Your Life ::
- SHR # 1343 :: The Exercise Cure PLUS Human Mortality Improvements In Evolutionary Context PLUS The BluePrint Power Hour ::
- SHR # 1342 :: Protecting Against Fukushima Radiation Fallout On The West Coast PLUS Steroids, Crossfit, and The Crossfit Games: Who & How ::
- SHR # 1341 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::
- SHR # 1340 :: The Get Strong Show: Follow-up To The 3 Big Lifts PLUS Early Listener Results Following The Reactive Wave Template ::
- SHR # 1339 :: A Calender For All Seasons PLUS Have A Great Recipe: Win A Year's Worth Of Protein Powder PLUS Reality Radio: A Mother Struggles With Vaccination ::
- SHR # 1338 :: The BluePrint Power hour PLUS Your Eyes: You Only Get Two So Take Care Of Them ::
- SHR # 1337 :: BEST OF :: Blood Flow Stimulation For Performance And Muscle Growth ::